Геном человека: от секвенирования к редактированию и новой медицине
Thursday, 23. May 2019 - 14:41
Abraham B. Korol, Professor of Genetics, CV
Education and Degrees
- 1991 - Rank of Full Professor of Genetics (awarded by the Presidium of USSR Acad. Sci).
- 1988 - Doctor of Biol. Sci. (in Genetics), Department of Genetics, Leningrad State University.
- 1976 - Ph.D (in Genetics), Institute of General Genetics, USSR Acad. of Science (Moscow).
- 1971 - M.Sc (in Computer Science), Leningrad Technical University.
Experience and Positions
- Since 2017 Prof. Emeritus, University of Haifa
- 2008-2013 Director Institute of Evolution (IOE), University of Haifa
- Since 1996 Professor of Genetics, University of Haifa
- Since 1991 Head Laboratory of Population Genetics and Computational Biology, IOE
- 1989-1991 Head, Laboratory of Population Genetics, Institute of Ecological Genetics, Moldavian Academy of Science, Kishinev (USSR)
- 1985-1977 Head Laboratory of Genetic Control of Recombination, the same Institute
- 1982-1990 Associate Professor, Kishinev State University (simultaneously)
- Evolutionary adaptation to stressful environments using Drosophila as a model
- Population genetics of multilocus systems (including non-linear dynamics)
- Recombination variability, evolution of sex and recombination
- Genome evolution and structure on the above-gene level
- Genome mapping, including multilocus mapping and physical mapping
- Genetics of quantitative traits, its evolutionary and practical applications
- Plant domestication genomics and evolution